Saturday, April 4, 2009

do you wanna be a vampire?


oh my, has anyone read the Twilight series? i had never even heard of these books until the movie came out. when it did, i was in no particular hurry to see it as i thought it was a teen movie. well, we rented it last weekend. themr and i are officially in a twilight frenzy. seriously. we watched it last friday night. we liked it so much that we bought it over the weekend. on sunday i started reading book one, since the few people i talked to about it said the book was so much better. i finished it monday and started book two. i'm almost finished with book three now and will buy the last one today. i actually have to force myself to not read it and get things done. my laundry situation is completely out of control. my house sadly shows the evidence of my week of obsessive reading. themr is reading book one. he doesn't have nearly as much time as i do so it'll take him longer. i don't know what it is about his story that's so intriguing. i know part of it is that i relate to the main character, Bella. she is totally me in high school. it's funny because a few chapters into the first book themr said "she reminds me so much of you". other than that, i can't seem to put my finger on what's so addicting but it is. i'm trying to slow myself down on this last book because i'm sad that it will be over soon! i don't want to finish it! i keep thinking "i'm a 31 year old mother of (almost) five and i'm hooked on a vampire series for teens". i don't even want to think about what that says about me. anyone feel my pain?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well THAT explains the lack of blogs lately!! lol I havent heard much about it, other than advertisements.. but u got my curiousity ticking..

Crescent Feather said...

That is so funny! I did the same thing and at the time I had 5yr, 3yr, and 2 month old sons. I would sit all day with the baby and read while all the stuff would pile up. Then right before the hubby got home from work I would rush to pick up. LOL!