10. when you offer your baby fruit, he automatically thinks you mean fruit snacks.
9. you take your kids to the store with one dressed normal, one as spiderman, one as a princess and the other in a onesie and barefoot. and you don't care.
8. you now offer them cartoons so you can go to the bathroom without someone outside the door talking to you.
7. you find yourself putting them to bed at 7 since they can't tell time yet.
6. you realize that nursing bras are more comfortable than regular ones, especially since you've worn them more than the other.
5. your maternity clothes are now your regular clothes.
4. your baby is crying and you ask your older children to put the binky in his mouth so you can finish the paper.
3. someone gives your baby a bite of cake and you laugh instead of being appalled.
2. your idea of a break is going grocery shopping with only one child.
1. you have more love in your life than you could ever have imagined!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Thursday, August 14, 2008
that's the kind of week i'm having. my husband has been working over time for a week now (out the door at 6am, not home till around 9:30pm). i'm at a point where i would offer money to a stranger walking down the street to watch these kids for a few hours. that's desperation for you. it's not that my children have been unruly, they've just been kids. and four kids, a puppy and PMS is not a good combo. i've had alot of errands to run this week and anytime you have to take that many kids to multiple locations is not good. especially considering that three of four are still in carseats. i'm so tired i would trade my left arm for some sleep. maybe even my right arm. i'm sorry for complaining, but i am in serious need of conversation with an adult and this is the closest i have right now! the most frustrating part is that for once, i could afford a sitter but don't have one. hence eyeing strangers walking down the street. anywho, hope you're all doing well. and not leaving your kids with strangers.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
she's here! my beautiful neice has arrived! miss olive rae managed to make her appearance and i could not be more in love! i had the honor of being there for the birth, which was one of the most incredible things i've ever experienced. my dear sister, marcie, was so strong. i wish i could put it into words, this woman worked so hard to get that baby here. i have no doubt she's gonna be a great mom. olive is so very tiny. she has this sweet little baby girl cry. makes me sad that i won't be having any more :) i've always wanted to eventually become a liscensed doula, and this experience has brought that home for me. i hope in the future i'll have the opportunity to do that. i am so thankful to be a part of that little girls life!