Tuesday, April 21, 2009

land of the free?

i'm really fed up with our current situation in this country. i'm tired of my children's future being bankrupt before my eyes. i'm tired of bankrolling immorality with my taxes. i'm tired of voting for politicians who tell me the right words but do whatever pads their pockets. i'm tired of realizing that there is no "party" that is going to do anything different. i'm tired of living in a place where those who die for our freedom get no honor and those who live here use that freedom to complain about it. i'm tired of being told that because i vote a certain way i am "racist", 'religious", or a redneck. i'm tired of the media telling me i'm the minority for my beliefs when i can see that i'm not alone. most of all, i'm tired of keeping my mouth shut about it. from now on i won't...




i pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the united states of america. and to the republic, for as long as it stands. one nation, under debt, completely divided, losing liberty and denying justice for all.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

I know exactly how you feel, I agree with you 100%. The most frustrating part of it all is that I feel so helpless about it all too. What can we do when everything is stacked against us? When our voices are silenced all the time? Where do we turn?
Sorry I'm not cheering you up any, but I'm not feeling very cheerful myself about the situation we have going on in this country.
Two of my nephews (brothers 18 and 22) served in Iraq, one last year, and one just got home a few days before Easter. So sad the things they've witnessed and the buddies they've lost. They are so disheartened too.