Friday, December 5, 2008

25 days of christmas

today's person i love is my sister in law, marcie. before i give you all the reasons i love her, i need to give a little background. i have four brothers, four! every time my mom announced she was pregnant (which seemed like all the time) i prayed for a sister. obviously i never got one. so fastforward to eleven years ago when i met my husband. he had a sister who was sixteen at the time. she was funny, sweet and very mature for her age. we hit it off immediately. over the years, she has truly become the sister i never had. she is the only girl in her family so she never had a sister either. i've had the honor of helping plan her wedding and seeing her first baby born. we were always close, but going through those things together has brought us even closer. i truly love her as though she were my blood sister. so these are the top ten reaons i love marcie!

10. she's wickedly funny. her wit is unmatched. we have some of the stupidest (is that a word?) inside jokes but to us they are hilarious. MCGRUBER!

9. she's absolutely gorgeous, but she's totally unaware of it. it makes her even more beautiful.

8. she feels things deeply. she is compassionate to a fault. i love her tender heart.

7. she married an awesome guy who is just like her dad. (who is one of my very favorite people in the world) he fits perfectly in our family and my husband thinks of him as a brother. i have many friends with strained in law relationships and we are all truly one big happy family!

6. she makes super cute babies. olive rae makes me smile just thinking about her :)

5. she's always up to try something new. she just has a zeal for life. i love that about her!

4. she's extremely loyal. she's this tiny little woman, but don't mess with someone she loves! i always know she has my back

3. she's a good daughter. she loves her parents so much and is always finding ways to help them out. even as she's become a wife and mother, she never neglects those around her.

2. i can tell her whatever is on my mind, anything at all. i can be real with her and she with me.

1. she's sweet, smart, funny, interesting, affectionate, confident, sassy and lovely all around! i am so thankful that i married her brother and she was part of the package!

1 comment:

Musings from Me said...

I love this post. You are right, so often relationships with family are strained. I suppose it proves the old adage "You can choose your friends, but not your family."

I have some difficulties with my sister. I see her on holidays, but not on a regular basis. She is one who speaks her mind no matter what. I feel sad that our relationship is contrained--I am not sure what to do about it, either.