Wednesday, March 16, 2011

the replacement...

theMr and i are a tad bit...morbid. we have had many conversations about what will go down if one of us dies. i don't know if this stems from having alot of kids or being so poor your only entertainment is sitting around talking about death. anywho, we have each given each other strict guidelines as to which kind of person the other is allowed to marry. mine are basically that she has to be less attractive than me. i want to always be known as the beautiful wife. his vary between also wanting the guy to be less attractive and me marrying a guy that will still teach the kids to skateboard and not to watch nascar. (cause the odds of me falling in love with a nascar guy are super high...) so my brilliant friend katie and i came up with an even better idea.... wait for it...

a board of our friends to approve the new wife!

this is the perfect scenario! my friends would never let some skanky 22 year old become my kids' new mommy! (because girls that age are totally looking for men with five kids, right?) they'll make sure my replacement is loving, nurturing, supportive and much less attractive than me! it's a shame we can't patent this idea, we'd be rich!

p.s. if i do actually die young, would someone please let the new Mrs know that the princess will never change her underwear if i don't remind her? thanks!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You never cease to make me smile.

Unknown said...

So I really do love this. More people should be morbid and have these conversations because I never did. I think my late husband would be happy withy new choice and I hope everyday that Chads late wife will approve of how I raise her children. Somedays I curse the "late" ones got leaving me these 5 kids to deal with but most days I feel blessed to be their mother. My new husband is discouraged FTP
Watching NASCAR because I think 17 years of that was enough. However I now love riding on the back of a Harley so who knows? I joke and tell Chad I hope his next wife isn't crazy like me.

themrs said...

see i KNEW we were onto something! now i have proof from someone who's been there :)

@niki, if there is a method to my craziness than it's all worth it!