theMr and i have been together for 13 years, married for ten. when we got married, we said the same vows everyone else does. in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer (when is the richer coming?), etc. while all of those are great ideas, the reality of marriage is much more basic. deep, abiding love is in the everyday. here are ten signs you truly love someone...
10. you don't strangle him when you find out he used one of your white towels from your wedding to clean up chocolate milk.
9. he is patient with you when (once again) you let the kids pile trash on top of the trash can instead of just changing the bag yourself. (therefore causing it all to fall out when he tries to empty it)
8. you are willing to see the new airbender movie in the theater on your 10th anniversary.
7. he thinks that wrinkle between your eyes is cute :)
6. you understand that although he gets to sleep through every night, uninterrupted, he still needs to sleep in occasionally.
5. he brings home your favorite kind of sushi instead of the kind he wants.
4. you go shopping to get yourself an outfit for a speaking engagement but end up buying him two shirts.
3. he knows how to make your coffee exactly how you like it.
2. you may occasionally go to bed mad, but you never wake up that way.
1. you both realize that while the journey can be hard, exhausting, complicated and sometimes downright frustrating, you are in this together. you are on the same team. you are the president of each other's fan club. and all the little idiosyncrasies are just bumps in the road.