Well ladies, the day has finally arrived! I was at my local walmart at midnight to secure my copy and one for my sister in law. I got there around 11 with the intention of doing my grocery shopping first. That plan quickly changed, however, when I saw the line.
From the front of the store all the way to the back to frozen foods. And that was an hour early. So I hopped in line, made some new friends and accepted the kids would have to eat peanut butter and jelly for another day. Oh wait, we’re out of jelly. Make that peanut butter and nothing.
this is the phone of one of my new friends in line... how awesome is that!?
these two ladies were next to me in line~ one was a total twihard and the other just saw twilight for the first time this week! i have to admit i was a little jealous, remember seeing it for the first time? *sigh
So in honor of this momentous occasion, this week’s top ten list will be all about new moon. Did you expect anything less???
Top ten best things about New Moon!
10. the directing is 100% better than twilight! Don’t get me wrong, you know I heart twilight. But some of those scenes are just too much. New moon was less awkward pause and more excitement. That’s saying a lot considering it’s the least action of all the books. That’s good writing and good directing.
9. the depression scene. Could you ever have imagined that reading three blank pages with only the names of months could have such an impact? I wondered how they would manage to convey that and they did a great job. Very powerful.
8. the wolf pack. I can’t say too much more… they’re teenagers and I’m married.
7. Jane. Who would’ve guessed Dakota fanning could be so creepy and perfect as Jane? When I heard they had cast her I thought it was nuts. Until I saw her! She’s perfect for that role.
6. Jessica. She was definitely funny in the first movie but she stole the show in new moon. Her expressions, her looks, total comedy.
5. the special effects. Remember the running through the tree scene in twilight? Terrible. With that precedent set I was truly afraid to see how they’d pull off the transformation of wolves. I stand humbled and corrected! From the minute I saw the early trailer I was hooked. Great CGI!
4. visions of Edward… how very creative. Anyone who can take the one story without Edward and write it so that we’re not longing for him for the entire two hours is genius. ‘nuf said.
3. the soundtrack. I have to admit that I still love the twilight soundtrack more but the new one is growing on me. As enamored as I am with Bella’s lullaby I have really grown to love the song from the meadow.
2. Jacob black. For those of us who had read the books, twilight was a tease as far as Jacob was concerned. In new moon we finally got to see the Jake we know and love. No matter what “team” you’re on, you gotta love Jacob. Even if you don’t, at least he’s shirtless! (oh wait, he’s 17…..he’s 17…)
1. and the #1 BEST thing about new moon? Edward comes back and he proposes.
Enjoy your new moon viewing! Leave me a comment and tell me your favorite thing!