Tuesday, February 10, 2009

true confessions

i read this on another blog and thought i'd do it. i have three sick kids so i have no energy to be creative today! so here goes, my true confessions....

1. i hate to mop the floor. i avoid it as much as possible. in fact, sometimes i wait all week because i know if it gets bad enough my husband will do it on saturday morning.

2. i'm a tv addict. all morning i look forward to nap time so i can eat a snack and watch my shows. sometimes, i think it's the only thing that gets me through the day.

3. i'm not a "crafts/activities" kind of mom, but i'm trying to be. i've realized that simply being at home all day does not make me a good mom. i'm trying really hard to come up with fun, educational things to do with the kids. as i enter my tenth (holy moly!) year of parenting, i realize more and more that parenting is a process. i'm a much better mom than i was ten years ago but i still have lots of room for improvement.

4. i secretly think my husband is hotter than any of my friend's husbands and i don't think it's because i'm partial:) he is really that hot.

5. i come across as extremely confident and self assured when in reality, i have alot of insecurities. sometimes i secretly wonder if i'm that high maintenance person that everyone knows.

6. i am super at utilizing undergarments. people frequently tell me how great i look after having four kids. if they could see all that is going on under these clothes they would crack up. it's like a complicated jig saw puzzle.

7. i'm hooked on infomercials and i always want to buy what they're selling! it's a really good thing we don't use credit cards or i'd probably own alot of useless junk. for some reason i always believe what they say!

soooo..... i'm tagging samantha, sassy, ashley and rebecca!

5 comments:

Adam said...

wow you just confessed to how much of a horrible person you are lol. just kiddin sis. ill take your dog.

Ash said...

haha that's awesome! that actually does make me feel better. not the cop part though...don't tell them!

1. I'm the same way about my kitchen floor! I hate mopping! my case is a little different though cause no matter what adam will not mop it!

6. I'm the same way. People never tell me how good I look but I feel so much better in clothes than I do butt naked even when I'm alone. Clothes don't hide my fat but what they do hide is my stretch marks and scars! I feel bad for adam lol!

Unknown said...

You are so interesting! I am TOTALLY in suppport of suppportive undergarments. : ).

Love your mopping strategy. I wish that would work for Gary. I don't think he knows where to locate the mop or ANY cleaning supplies in the house...

Sassy said...

It is so crazy how alike we are. I could have written that myself. Although with me it isn't mopping... it's laundry. I HATE laundry! It will pile up until my husband get's tired of it and does it himself. In my defense though my laundry room is in the basement and with three kids it's difficult to sneak down there to do it. I don't like leaving them upstairs but taking them with me is too much of a hassel. Anyway....Thanks for tagging me again. I can't wait to sit down tonight and do mine. :)

themrs said...

sassy- i am the same with laundry! ours is in the basement too, our moldy nasty basement. i avoid it at all costs! i say it's the spiders but i just hate doing it. then when i DO it sits, folded, in baskets for days....