Monday, May 12, 2008

mothers day top ten!


happy mother's day! the pics are of my wonderful mother's day gift! how blessed i am to have a husband that knows i am not a "flowers & candy" kind of mom :) its the hebrew of a verse from song of solomon.."i am my beloved's and my beloved is mine". i have been waiting several years to get this. what a great gift!
i decided to write a list today, my top ten reasons why it's great to be a mom.

10. its a good excuse for not being skinny!
9. no longer have to battle being self absorbed, its not an option anymore!
8. at least four people tell me they love me every day!
7. there's nothing like seeing your own faults mimicked by your kids to drive you to be a better person!
6. their smell after a bath!
5. seeing my husband be a dad, who knew i could love him even more!
4. making someone overwhelmed with excitement over a toy that cost a dollar!
3. seeing the grumpy man who was MY dad be a big pushover as "papaw"
2. knowing that i can make a difference every day in four little lives
1. having the honor of being called mommy

hope your mothers day was a blessing! whether you spend your days covered in spit up, nursing, driving your kids to endless activities, working (and then trying to get it all done at night!), or you've moved to the esteemed title of grandma... you deserve this day. for all the things you do, big and more importantly small, you are Mom. the best job description in the world!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have that verse on my wedding ring, in Hebrew. Lovely!

themrs said...

thank you! i wanted it for years, just took awhile to save the money. what a nice idea to have it on your wedding ring!

byLGD Glass Jewelry said...

OMG. My husband has been begging me to get a tattoo for YEARS. He got one last summer (a strand of elephants around his arm, six of them, each represents one in our family)...(we love elephants, btw). anyway, i'm such a chicken!! not to mention i have NO idea what i want to get...FOREVER on my body, forever to see, look at, watch change over time... you get the idea. anyway, omg, you've inspired me.

I will get a tattoo!

(ps: i found you from the J/K blog, i'll read your blog, it looks wonderful!)

byLGD Glass Jewelry said...

PS to the last post i made... what you put on your back is on my blog. check it out. it's a link you can put anywhere. :)

http://bylgd.typepad.com/

scroll down and on the left side you'll find it. :)

have a great day!

themrs said...

thank you:) it's actually my second, i have another on my lower back. my husband has three regular ones and a full sleeve. we just like them :)