Wednesday, November 16, 2011

i'm baaacckkk...

sorry for the absence. sometimes i just don't feel like being witty or smart or interesting. i just wanna be blah. nobody wants to read that. we all read that blog that feels pressured to post every day whether they have anything to say or not...
anywho, how are ya? i thought we'd reconnect over a good story of how stupid i am! let's jump in, shall we? yesterday was a rough day. if it could go wrong, it did. by midday, i was over it. so i go to stir our dinner, which i put in the crock pot a few hours earlier, and it's cold. there's no power. the crock pot has shorted out and died. and also blown out half the power in our downstairs. including the fridge and my bedroom.

crap.
i check all of the fuses. nothing.
i flip them all anyway, just in case. nothing.
i mention of facebook that i am going to google electrical repair and to check on me if i don't come back soon. (which prompts concerned phone calls from three different people. thanks for loving me guys, lol)
i learn quickly why electrical repair requires a degree.
i plug my fridge into multiple extension cords and into the living room.
i plug my kuerig in the front room.
i plug my mom's crock pot (which i borrowed and haven't returned!) in the walk in pantry, which is the only functioning outlet in the kitchen.

by the time my dear husband gets home, 9 pm, i'm in our room with my laptop attached to several more extension cords and i've just about had it. i'm freaking out by this point that it will be some huge, expensive repair right before christmas. (not to mention my crock pot, which i can't live without!)

he takes his tools and his flashlight to the basement.
ten seconds go by and it all comes back on.
he tells me (in between hysterical laughter) that i flipped the switches the wrong way.
who would build a house where some fuses go one direction and others go the opposite way??

not this girl.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome baaaaaack!!! It sounds like something I would do. I agree - there is no reason to build houses in such confusing ways!

Becky said...

I'm fixing-things-incapable. You're hubby was lucky to find you in the living room when he came home. Mine would probably find me crying in our bedroom closet. Lol. Good to hear it was an easy fix, though! (And nothing expensive right before Christmas!)

Becky said...

I'm fixing-things-incapable. You're hubby was lucky to find you in the living room when he came home. Mine would probably find me crying in our bedroom closet. Lol. Good to hear it was an easy fix, though! (And nothing expensive right before Christmas!)