Friday, December 17, 2010
it seems appropriate to revisit the top ten of 2009 as 2010 nears an end.... happy flashback friday...8 days till christmas!!
the best and the worst... here we go!
top 10 worst things of 09
10. gaining 50 lbs... again. why can't i be one of those cute little preggo women who complain about the additional 25 lbs they are carrying?
9. the cars broken into... again. we should be used to it by now i suppose. but we did get a AAA membership for christmas! so at least next time we won't have to pay for the window!
8. illness, illness and more illness. if it's contagious, we've had it. but praise the Lord we escaped the swine flu!
7. the loss of childhood icons. my kids growing up in a world without micheal jackson? crazy..
6. another year spent with a family of seven in a two bedroom house. but in this economy, i am thankful for a roof over our heads.
5. a cancelled vacation... again. although if i'm gonna miss vacation, i'm glad it's for a baby!
4. i'm not gonna comment on our political situation. let's just say it's not on my best list.
3. seeing some of my family members struggle with things so much bigger than they are. my prayer is that 2010's list will have a praise of seeing victory and breakthrough in those areas.
2. losing hannah in the spring. her life touched ours in so many ways. she will never be forgotten.
1. losing both of my grandmothers this summer. going through those losses, three months apart, while pregnant was tough. in some way's i'm glad this long year is over!
Top 10 ten BEST things of 09!
10. another year of God providing the resources for our children to attend a wonderful christian school. that school continues to bless our family in many, many ways!
9. 2009 will forever go down in the books as the year we discovered twilight. ahhh... where was my life before edward cullen? thank you stephenie meyer!
8. another year of theMr having this wonderful career. in an economy that is shaky, at best, we are blessed that he has the job he has and he loves it.
7. a year of overall health. we may have shared every little virus to run through the school but in a world of cancers, surgeries and worse... we are thankful for health.
6. the wonderful christmas news that we will have a new niece or nephew this coming year!! i love new babies! especially when i'm not the one who has to be pregnant :)
5. another year of the basics, that we often take for granted... food, clothing, housing, utilities, cars that run, insurance and health.
4. celebrating our ninth year of marriage, our twelfth year together. as many around us divorce, i am so thankful that our marriage is strong. i couldn't make it through this life alone.
3. five kids who are healthy, strong, smart, funny and wonderful! i didn't know one family could hold so much blessing~
2.the addition of our favorite little person, miss esme! she's the best surprise i've had in a long time :) who knew our family was not yet complete?
1. last, but certainly not least, if i've learned one thing this year it is how short life can be. in the blink of an eye everything can change. i am thankful to end 2009 with each member of my family healthy and happy. without them none of the rest would matter.
Happy New Year from our family to yours!!