Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Ten things i've learned after ten years of motherhood
10. throw away poopy underwear. it's just not worth it.
9. a bandaid will fix just about anything and they are cheap. utilize this.
8. take pleasure in small things, like picking out cute outfits. pretty soon they won't let you pick their clothes anymore.
7. naptime is for you, not cleaning. sit down, rest, read a book. trust me, those dishes will still be there when they wake up!
6. it's ok to let them watch too much tv once in a while. we all need a day off.
5. when you are enraged that your husband did ___________ wrong, remind yourself how lucky you are to have a husband who tries to please you at all.
4. celebrities have plastic surgeons, trainers, chefs and nannies. that's why they look like that after a baby. invest in a good pair of spanx.
3. it's ok to be really happy when school starts again. you can love them while still being happy to put them on the bus.
2. a really grumpy, tantrum throwing toddler will almost always stop when put in the bathtub.
1. everyday is a chance to start over. another day to not yell as much, take a shower before noon, make more than one serving of veggies and say "i love you" for no reason.