this week marks the anniversary of my friendship with my BFF, mandi! we celebrate it every year, mainly because we are big dorks. how we came to be friends is a long, complicated story that i do not have the energy to type. but in honor of this momentus occasion i submit the top ten things i love about mandi!
10. she has the best hair. ever. it is absolutely gorgeous. i am totally envious
9. she is a social worker, like myself, so we tend to see people in the same way. not sure if that's a good or bad thing :)
8. she and i went through a very traumatic experience together that molded the way we view friendships and makes us really appreciate each other even more. she is the only person who can truly understand what that was like.
7. when she's having a crazy day, she calls me and warns me ahead of time that she's going to be crazy. i really appreciate that. i wish some other people in my life would forewarn me when they're going to be crazy.
6. she has this very dry sense of humor that never ceases to crack me up. i can always count on her to make me laugh.
5. she genuinely likes my kids (maybe she doesn't spend enough time with them?) i can call her and share my stories and it doesn't bore her.
4. she has a really similar relationship with her father as i do mine. it helps to have someone who understands that dynamic. she just gets me...
3. she's not afraid to tell me the truth, even if it's not the easy thing to hear. i have a very abrasive personality so alot of people are probably hesitant to make me mad :) she manages to say what needs to be said in a calm and rational way.
2. my husband loves her. it's good when your husband loves your BFF. just makes life easier.
1. she's funny, kind, inspiring, beautiful, talented, compassionate, smart, loyal, sweet and fabulous. i'm so lucky that she calls me friend!