Wednesday, July 11, 2012

summertime!

i read a lot of happy blogs. i don't like mopey depressing ones. the problem with (some) blogs is that they are so overly happy. summer is prime time for delightful, perfect pictures of all the wonderful activities they are doing...


playing cards when the weather is yucky...

summer haircuts...




swimming...



more swimming....


even more swimming....


going to the fair...

and running on the slip n slide!

do you know what those blogs don't tell you? it's only half way through summer and these kids are driving me crazy! like put on a straitjacket, medicate me CRAZY. the fighting and the messes and the wet grass tracked through the kitchen and the arguments over which movie to watch and the staying up late and being grumpy and the fighting!! i am counting down the moments until that beloved yellow bus makes it appearance. i hope i make it!

2 comments:

Bex said...

Oh I MISS swimming. For the past 4 (5?) years at our last home I would drag a carful of the local kids (and mine) to the local swimming holes... every day when I was done with work. Here it is beautiful, but windy & chilly. We've hit the beach on some days. But hasn't really been warm enough to enjoy getting wet. The ups of Summer is definitely the fun. The downs is that I, like you, miss that bus. The 8a-3p that they get to learn & I can really focus on my To Dos without wanting to break out a paddle on their fannies. I am enjoying it's not the DownPour Season that we will be getting all too soon...

Bex said...

Summer time. Dragging all of the kids & mine to the local swimming holes every day after work for the past 4 summers. (Until I moved here..) This summer mine are out the door riding skateboards & bikes with the neighbor kids the minute they wake up. I have to drag them inside for the meals & bedtime. But when the fighting & bickering & boredness kicks in... I start stalking the road, looking for that precious bus!