as you know, theMr and i made the decision this year to be finished having children. a lot of thought and prayer went into this choice, only a tiny bit of vodka (just kidding!). we made it official, uh, surgical, this past april. leading up to that point there was always a tiny fear that after all was said and done, i'd regret the decision. that i'd hold a new baby and mourn that i couldn't do it again. well guess what.... not at all! as time goes on, i find myself more and more relieved that i'm finished with that phase of my life. here are just a few ways to know if that's true for yourself...
10. any time you feel even remotely nauseous, you find yourself praying you are coming down with the flu!
9. you purchase bunk beds... for the master bedroom.
8. when holding friends' new babies, you are secretly thinking how glad you are that you can go home and get a full night's sleep!
7. you take great pleasure in getting rid of each piece of baby paraphernalia as your youngest outgrows them.
6. you are mentally calculating how many more episodes of fresh beat band you will have to watch.
5. you find yourself afraid to get to your pre-baby weight because that's when you always end up pregnant.
4. when talking to your doctor about any health issue at all, you suggest a hysterectomy. sore throat... dry skin... allergies... let's remove my uterus!
3. you now find new enjoyment in activities purely based on the fact that you can do them without lugging a baby! tonight i will attend my first ever school christmas program without a nursing baby! you'd think i'm going to a broadway play. i don't even have to take cheerios!
2. you're already looking forward to empty nest syndrome.
1. you begin to appreciate the perks of this new season in your family. planning outings without concern for naptimes, feedings and diaper changes. not needing a highchair. the joys of relationship with older kids. FREEDOM!
no regrets, folks. no regrets :)